Re: [taigtools] Re: Wear and Tear on nylon pins and receivers (cnc'd mill)

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5 11:23 AM
      Exactly that...the mods I described involve machining the ends of the
      leadscrews. Yes, you could bore and tap one half of an Oldham coupling to
      thread onto the existing threads, but of course you would have to make sure
      that there was adequate locking to prevent the hub from unscrewing in use.
      I have, before now, tapped the split clamp style of Oldham coupling - you
      thread it onto the shaft and then nip up the clamping screw, which works
      well.