Re: [taigtools] Lathe carrage leadscrew

  • Caparo
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 29, 2013
      On Friday 29 March 2013 14:31:51 Jeffrey Birt wrote:
      > The power feed kits comes with a new carriage as well so it should fit your
      > lathe. The drip rail over the existing gear rack will need to be milled off
      > or you can turn the bed around both options are covered in the
      > instructions. I also posted a set of instructions here:
      > http://taigownersclub.forumotion.net/t411-how-to-install-the-power-feed-upg
      >r ade-kit?highlight=power+feed that have nice color photos. (You need to
      > join the forum to view the posts, the site admin did this a while back to
      > help keep spammer out.)
      >

      > You can purchase the power feed kit from Taig or from a Taig dealer (like
      > me): http://www.soigeneris.com/taig_lathe_power_feed_kit__1016-details.aspx
      > , the cost is $123.
      >

      > A not for folks outside of the USA, the power feed kit can ship via a USPS
      > Medium Flat Rate box this is typically a much less expensive shipping
      > option.
      >

      > Jeff Birt
      >
      > Soigeneris.com

      hi,
      for those out side the USA and in the UK there is a courier site called :-
      Parcels2go.com
      who offer a range of couriers who will pick up in the states and ship to the
      UK at usually a third of the price of UPS quotes (even though UPS services
      may be used !) I have done this a number of times for Motorcycle parts (some
      15KG in weight)

      HTH someone

      --
      TTFN