Re: [taigtools] hot copy -Danger??

  • Steve Blackmore
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 16 5:21 PM
      On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:11:42 -0400, you wrote:

      >On 3/16/2013 5:04 AM, Steve Blackmore wrote:
      >> On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 19:17:10 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:
      >>
      >> >Sorry, For any inconvenience. My Email got hacked!! I changed
      >> passwords asap. Something like is completely out of the individuals
      >> control. The only thing that a person can do is to take corrective
      >> measures as soon as possible.
      >>
      >> Try running an Anti Virus program, and also download and run
      >> SuperAntispyware on your PC. It wouldn't get "hacked" then.....
      >>
      >> Steve Blackmore
      >This may not be true. A lot of these hacks seem to be coming directly
      >from Yahoo mail.
      >I'd ditch Yahoo mail.

      So would I, but a lot of it is caused by people clicking on links in
      emails which introduce Trojans.

      " Despite Yahoo's efforts to fix 'vulnerabilities', mail users have
      continued to see their accounts hacked. The company says two isolated
      security holes have been rectified, but the problems persist.

      For months accounts have been compromised, typically receiving seemingly
      legitimate emails which contain dangerous links. Once clicked, accounts
      are hijacked and used to send similarly harming messages, usually to as
      many email addresses as are in the contact list, The Next Web reports."

      Most decent AV or anti spyware programs will pick these up immediately.
      Some will even prevent your click on the link working.

      Steve Blackmore