Re: [taigtools] 4th Axis attachment for taig?

  • Jim Stoll
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2013
      Yes, I think that's the one! I just looked at his other listings on eBay, and there is a diamond-tipped drag engraver that I seem to recall being made by the same person. Here is a picture that I just found on an 'eBay Vietnam' site, that is similar to what I recall, though I don't necessarily recall the mount having the extra bit behind the vertical mounting piece, and I believe it had holes to match up to the Taig T-slots, IIRC... (http://viewitem.eim.ebay.fi/SHERLINE-ROTARY-TABLE-ANGLE-MOUNT-FOR-TAIG-CNC--MILL-/271128960026/item)

      Thanks for pointing out the name - at least now I know I've not totally lost my mind! :-)

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7, 2013
        No problem, Jim!

        I bought an indicator holder to fit a Taig ER16 spindle (similar to an Indicol) from him a couple years back and I remember his trademark blasted aluminum finish and engraved logo on all the products he sold. At one time he was even selling a complete kit (minus the motors) to adapt NEMA 23 steppers to a Sieg 7x mini-lathe (which I almost purchased). I'll have my tax return soon-I should send him a message...

        I remember the Sherline rotary table mount he sold-I have a smaller 3" Harbor Freight RT and the 4" version LMS sells (which is a bit large for the Taig) but no Sherline table so I never had the need for that piece, but he did/does make some innovative products for our smaller machines...

        Adam

        On Mar 7, 2013, at 16:11, Jim Stoll <jim_stoll@...> wrote:

        > Yes, I think that's the one! I just looked at his other listings on eBay, and there is a diamond-tipped drag engraver that I seem to recall being made by the same person. Here is a picture that I just found on an 'eBay Vietnam' site, that is similar to what I recall, though I don't necessarily recall the mount having the extra bit behind the vertical mounting piece, and I believe it had holes to match up to the Taig T-slots, IIRC... (http://viewitem.eim.ebay.fi/SHERLINE-ROTARY-TABLE-ANGLE-MOUNT-FOR-TAIG-CNC--MILL-/271128960026/item)
        >
        > Thanks for pointing out the name - at least now I know I've not totally lost my mind! :-)

      • Greg Miller
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 8, 2013
          I bought both my Sherline/Taig 4th axis rotary from Nick at http://www.cartertools.com/sherline.html. Nick makes the adapter plate. It is all wired and ready to plug into the Taig controller box. Ask if there is a discount on this piece of equipment.

          Cheers,
          Greg Miller