z axis leadscrew bearing?

  • ben.rogerson@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
      Does anyone know the part number or a supplier that I can get a leadscrew bearing for the z axis on my Taig CNC Mill?
      Thanks,
      Ben
    • Stuart
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
        Mill CNC leadscrews take 2 608RS bearings each axis.
        608 = 8MM ID 22MM OD 7MM wide
        RS = Rubber Seals

        Popular with SkateBoarder!!
        I picked up a tube of high spped ABEC 5's from a local shop!!
        Cheap!!!

        Stuart
      • Jeffrey Birt
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
          Not meaning to pick on you in particular Stuart, there may be a difference
          in how we all define the term 'cheap'. I always tend to stay away from
          'cheap', I would much rather get a good product for the money I spend, i.e.
          value; you most likely did get good parts but I just wanted to sound a
          general warning for all to consider.

          Cheap bearings tend to be 'cheap' in how they are manufactured and no matter
          what it says on the tin I would not believe it. Cheap import parts are known
          to have very 'creative' ratings. There are also good import brands from the
          East, and from Turkey, etc. You just have to know what you are buying. If
          you have a source of good bearings locally then that would probably be a
          great route to go. A reputable local supplier like Stuart found would be a
          great resource as you can't typically stay in business selling junk to local
          folks. I always like shopping as locally as possible as well. If you don't
          have such a source then take a look at:

          http://www.soigeneris.com/taig_mill_parts-details.aspx

          and

          http://www.soigeneris.com/taig_lathe_parts-details.aspx

          These are interactive parts diagrams for the Taig machines. I spent a fair
          bit of time putting them together to try and make searching for parts
          easier. As time goes on I'll add photos of each parts which will be a big
          benefit to just help identify a part. Common parts like bearings, lead nuts,
          etc I usually have in stock.

          Jeff Birt

          Soigeneris.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
            A very good source for bearings is an Ebay source, USA Bearings and Belts. I started using them for bearings for model airplane engines about five years ago, and they have provided very good quality and are inexpensive. Do an Ebay Search "USA Bearings and Belts" Then pick one of the bearings and then click the Store home. Enter the bearing number.

            They provide a couple grades of bearings. Their Premimum bearings are what I prefer, slightly more, but a better fit. I've used them for spindle bearings, lead screw bearings, as well as engine bearings. I've tried some other companies on Ebay and from adds in Model airplane magazines, and this company's "Premium" bearings are very good. Their regular bearings are like the rest, OK for Skate Boards but not so great for precession fits.

            An example "(Qty 2) 608-2RS Premium ABEC 3 Sealed Bearings,8x22x7, 608 RS,Kyodo Grease is $4.90 including shipping". A quanity of 10 of the same is $9.74

            Don

            PS I have no interest in this company other than being a satisfied customer

            --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Birt" <birt_j@...> wrote:

            > Not meaning to pick on you in particular Stuart, there may be a difference
            > in how we all define the term 'cheap'. I always tend to stay away from
            > 'cheap', I would much rather get a good product for the money I spend, i.e.
            > value; you most likely did get good parts but I just wanted to sound a
            > general warning for all to consider.
            >

            > Cheap bearings tend to be 'cheap' in how they are manufactured and no matter
            > what it says on the tin I would not believe it. Cheap import parts are known
            > to have very 'creative' ratings. There are also good import brands from the
            > East, and from Turkey, etc. You just have to know what you are buying. If
            > you have a source of good bearings locally then that would probably be a
            > great route to go. A reputable local supplier like Stuart found would be a
            > great resource as you can't typically stay in business selling junk to local
            > folks. I always like shopping as locally as possible as well. If you don't
            > have such a source then take a look at:
            >

            > http://www.soigeneris.com/taig_mill_parts-details.aspx
            >

            > and
            >

            > http://www.soigeneris.com/taig_lathe_parts-details.aspx
            >

            > These are interactive parts diagrams for the Taig machines. I spent a fair
            > bit of time putting them together to try and make searching for parts
            > easier. As time goes on I'll add photos of each parts which will be a big
            > benefit to just help identify a part. Common parts like bearings, lead nuts,
            > etc I usually have in stock.
            >

            > Jeff Birt
            >
            > Soigeneris.com

          • chuck
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
              also try Boca Bearings.
              they have everything from economy grade to high speed ceramics.