Still binding up

  • DennisF MacIntyre
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2013
      Dear Group                 2013/02/12             21:06

            I recall recently watching a video of someone, let us say, perhaps a half arms length from taig, setting up the x and y axis; how he would give the assembly a sharp mallet crack after tightening parts up. Going way back to the early 50s my father told me to give a motor a sharp crack with a hammer after assembling it. This was to make sure parts would not be binding, I believe. Does anyone else follow such a procedure after assembling motors?

      keep smiling

      dennis mac

    • Rupert
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2013
        That works on electric motors due to the type of fit between the
        frame and the end bells. Doesn't do much for other types of fits. It
        does nothing if a precision fit or dowel pins are used. Guess rapping a
        fit is users discretion.

        Rupert

        --

        yvt