Re: [taigtools] Re: Flood Enclosure.

  • alighazizadeh
    Message 1 of 45 , Dec 2, 2012
      Hi Martin,

      I am glad that you mentioned this as I was quite worried that I may get shot
      down if I mentioned thermal shock. Both carbide and Crobalt alloys are very
      prone to edge shattering if the coolant or the air vortex temp are so low
      as to induce shock, -50 F, I really don't know if it is advisable. Perhaps
      they work well with HSS tools but Carbide, I wouldn't try it.

      Regards,

      A.G

      Message 45 of 45 , Dec 6, 2012
        FWIW, I raised all of the bearing surfaces of my rig with MDF, then fiberglassed it.