Re: [taigtools] Flood Enclosure.

  • Steve Blackmore
    Message 1 of 45 , Dec 1, 2012
      On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 22:19:37 -0700, you wrote:

      >be wary of flood cooling. I was warned by taig years back when my spindle
      >died an early bearing death that the flood cooling was likely the culprit
      >(they still fixed it for me, but I stopped using flood and never went back)

      Fixed bearings are consumable items. The ones used by Taig are nothing
      special and they are cheap and easy to replace. They list them as 6.90
      each - your local bearing supplier should be able to halve that price.
      As long as you don't aim the coolant directly at them very little, if
      any, should get in there anyway.

      Steve Blackmore
      Message 45 of 45 , Dec 6, 2012
        FWIW, I raised all of the bearing surfaces of my rig with MDF, then fiberglassed it.