Pretty bad X table tilt on new TAIG mill

  • alandelena
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 11, 2012
      Just got my Mill and the X table tilt is pretty bad. I have to place several layers of washers to level the x-table. I got pictures of it here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/taigtools/photos/album/874982826/pic/list
    • ED MAISEY
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 11, 2012
        Alan,

           that certainly doesn't look good to me judging from the photos, looks like a bad weld, I would contact my dealer and get it checked out or send it back,

        ........Edmund.........

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 12, 2012
          Hi Alan,

          Just had a look a your photos, it looks as if the front support angle plate has been welded out of true, you could put a wedged washer, not a flat one, under the angle foot to correct or better still contact the vendor and send the mill back asap, this is not right. I would also strongly advise against putting any washer or shim under the beds or ways part of the mill or lathe if it is anything thicker than 0.002" or about 0.06 mm. This will put the raised part at an angle to the machined surface and once tightened fully could bend the bed or the ways permanently out of true.

          Regards,

          A.G

          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 12, 2012
            I have a similar problem: I have one foot too low, so I needed to lift
            two feet by almost 4mm to catch up with the other one. My mill is recent
            as well. Seems we have a new welding apprentice at Taig.

            Interestingly, this seems to be normal to Taig. They have put a video on
            Youtube which explains how to put washers under the feet.

            Andreas

            On 12/11/2012 13:18, alighazizadeh wrote:

            > Hi Alan,
            >
            > Just had a look a your photos, it looks as if the front support angle
            > plate has been welded out of true, you could put a wedged washer, not
            > a flat one, under the angle foot to correct or better still contact
            > the vendor and send the mill back asap, this is not right. I would
            > also strongly advise against putting any washer or shim under the beds
            > or ways part of the mill or lathe if it is anything thicker than
            > 0.002" or about 0.06 mm. This will put the raised part at an angle to
            > the machined surface and once tightened fully could bend the bed or
            > the ways permanently out of true.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > A.G

          • alighazizadeh
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 12, 2012
              Hi Andreas,

              It looks like they are having some serious QC issues, I know that the people whom used to make the Y axis bed for Taig went out of buisness, hence the new one with steel ways. Perhaps the angled legs and the bed are build by some new guys too, in any case this does not look good.

              Regards,

              A.G

              I have a similar problem: I have one foot too low, so I needed to lift
              two feet by almost 4mm to catch up with the other one. My mill is recent
              as well. Seems we have a new welding apprentice at Taig.

              Interestingly, this seems to be normal to Taig. They have put a video on
              Youtube which explains how to put washers under the feet.

              Andreas

              On 12/11/2012 13:18, alighazizadeh wrote:

              > Hi Alan,
              >
              > Just had a look a your photos, it looks as if the front support angle
              > plate has been welded out of true, you could put a wedged washer, not
              > a flat one, under the angle foot to correct or better still contact
              > the vendor and send the mill back asap, this is not right. I would
              > also strongly advise against putting any washer or shim under the beds
              > or ways part of the mill or lathe if it is anything thicker than
              > 0.002" or about 0.06 mm. This will put the raised part at an angle to
              > the machined surface and once tightened fully could bend the bed or
              > the ways permanently out of true.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > A.G

            • Don
              Message 6 of 24 , Nov 12, 2012
                The Taig mill is a tripod footed mill. It will always sit firm with no rock on any table. It doesn't have to be level. You could mount the mill on the wall and it would still work just fine. Setup could be fun though.

                The light weight of the angle iron feet will allow them to bend before you could twist the bed. The only leverage you have is the width of the foot. It's not like a four foot mounting that you can rack and twist. Just put a lock washer between the foot and the table and tighten things down. You will be fine.

                Don

                Message 7 of 24 , Nov 12, 2012
                  I have just recently purchased a new mill, and mine was not like that, personally I would send it back, its not good enough, the company needs to be aware, unless its an optical illusion that certainly appears to be a bad setup,

                  ........Edmund.........

                  ________________________________
                  I have a similar problem: I have one foot too low, so I needed to lift
                  two feet by almost 4mm to catch up with the other one. My mill is recent
                  as well. Seems we have a new welding apprentice at Taig.

                  Interestingly, this seems to be normal to Taig. They have put a video on
                  Youtube which explains how to put washers under the feet.

                  Andreas

                  On 12/11/2012 13:18, alighazizadeh wrote:

                  > Hi Alan,
                  >
                  > Just had a look a your photos, it looks as if the front support angle
                  > plate has been welded out of true, you could put a wedged washer, not
                  > a flat one, under the angle foot to correct or better still contact
                  > the vendor and send the mill back asap, this is not right. I would
                  > also strongly advise against putting any washer or shim under the beds
                  > or ways part of the mill or lathe if it is anything thicker than
                  > 0.002" or about 0.06 mm. This will put the raised part at an angle to
                  > the machined surface and once tightened fully could bend the bed or
                  > the ways permanently out of true.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > A.G

                • ED MAISEY
                  Message 8 of 24 , Nov 12, 2012
                    I have just been out to the shop to check my mill and its perfect, send it back and notify Taig, its not good enough,

                    ........Edmund.........

                    ________________________________
                    I have just recently purchased a new mill, and mine was not like that, personally I would send it back, its not good enough, the company needs to be aware, unless its an optical illusion that certainly appears to be a bad setup,

                    ........Edmund.........

                    ________________________________
                    I have a similar problem: I have one foot too low, so I needed to lift
                    two feet by almost 4mm to catch up with the other one. My mill is recent
                    as well. Seems we have a new welding apprentice at Taig.

                    Interestingly, this seems to be normal to Taig. They have put a video on
                    Youtube which explains how to put washers under the feet.

                    Andreas

                    On 12/11/2012 13:18, alighazizadeh wrote:

                    > Hi Alan,
                    >
                    > Just had a look a your photos, it looks as if the front support angle
                    > plate has been welded out of true, you could put a wedged washer, not
                    > a flat one, under the angle foot to correct or better still contact
                    > the vendor and send the mill back asap, this is not right. I would
                    > also strongly advise against putting any washer or shim under the beds
                    > or ways part of the mill or lathe if it is anything thicker than
                    > 0.002" or about 0.06 mm. This will put the raised part at an angle to
                    > the machined surface and once tightened fully could bend the bed or
                    > the ways permanently out of true.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > A.G

                  • Andreas Grau
                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 12, 2012
                      On 12/11/2012 19:52, Don wrote:

                      > The Taig mill is a tripod footed mill. It will always sit firm with no
                      > rock on any table. It doesn't have to be level. You could mount the
                      > mill on the wall and it would still work just fine.

                      That's not entirely true. The mill is sitting on three surfaces. If all
                      surfaces would be _planar_ to each other, then you would be right. But
                      that is not the case. With 1 of 3 feet at a different height, you can't
                      bolt it down without torsion.

                      But the thing is elsewhere, I believe. The Taig mill is not the most
                      expensive mill one could buy. But it's still a major investment for many
                      of us. To me, simple production errors like these clearly show a lack of
                      disinvolvement from Taig. An honest craftsman takes pride in what he
                      delivers. Taig just delivers.

                      I have another problem with my mill: The steel ways are not parallel,
                      and I can't have my saddle move smoothly over whole of the Y axis. I
                      have informed my vendor early about this. He wanted to check with Taig.
                      I have never heard back. And I am 100% certain that it's NOT my vendor
                      who is the black hole. I believe: Taig does not care.

                      Andreas

                    • Shawn Woolley
                      Message 10 of 24 , Nov 13, 2012
                        I have two mills and three lathes all direct from Taig and they were all delivered in basically perfect condition. The only issue Ive ever had was a part left out of a order that I needed to get into production. they said it was a error and overnighted me the part at their expense and gave me several goodies for my trouble. Ive never had better service on tools than direct from Taig. They even gave me a tour and showed me there whole production facility when I happened to be in the area. So I would guess that was shipping or you dealers issue not the Taig factory they take a great deal of pride and care in their products and run them to very similar standards as when the shop was producing aeronautic parts.

                        --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, Andreas Grau <agrau31000@...> wrote:

                        > On 12/11/2012 19:52, Don wrote:
                        > >
                        > > The Taig mill is a tripod footed mill. It will always sit firm with no
                        > > rock on any table. It doesn't have to be level. You could mount the
                        > > mill on the wall and it would still work just fine.
                        > >

                        > That's not entirely true. The mill is sitting on three surfaces. If all
                        > surfaces would be _planar_ to each other, then you would be right. But
                        > that is not the case. With 1 of 3 feet at a different height, you can't
                        > bolt it down without torsion.
                        >
                        > But the thing is elsewhere, I believe. The Taig mill is not the most
                        > expensive mill one could buy. But it's still a major investment for many
                        > of us. To me, simple production errors like these clearly show a lack of
                        > disinvolvement from Taig. An honest craftsman takes pride in what he
                        > delivers. Taig just delivers.
                        >
                        > I have another problem with my mill: The steel ways are not parallel,
                        > and I can't have my saddle move smoothly over whole of the Y axis. I
                        > have informed my vendor early about this. He wanted to check with Taig.
                        > I have never heard back. And I am 100% certain that it's NOT my vendor
                        > who is the black hole. I believe: Taig does not care.
                        >
                        > Andreas

                      • Andreas Grau
                        Message 11 of 24 , Nov 13, 2012
                          On 13/11/2012 09:27, Shawn Woolley wrote:

                          > I have two mills and three lathes all direct from Taig and they were
                          > all delivered in basically perfect condition.

                          Shawn, I am really glad that you are happy! Taig's success is build on
                          satisfied customers like you.

                          It may be worth adding when everybody bought their machine. As had been
                          said already: There are Taig suppliers that are no longer and are
                          replaced. Maybe there is old staff at Taig that left, and new staff
                          arrived. I don't know. So if your experiences are, say, 3 years old,
                          then this does not contradict my experience which is 3 months old.

                          I can make photos that prove that my mill is not level and that my ways
                          are not parallel. This machine should not have left their factory.
                          That's all I am saying. I know my mill will eventually work, but I also
                          know that Taig will not get my recommendation if someones asks me.

                          Andreas

                        • alighazizadeh
                          Message 12 of 24 , Nov 13, 2012
                            Hi,

                            >So I would guess that was shipping or you dealers issue not the Taig factory <

                            I don't want to take sides but how can bad shipping cause a bad out of true weld of the front angle plate-foot. Perhaps Taig do have a QC issue with the more recent production.

                            Regards,

                            A.G

                            I have two mills and three lathes all direct from Taig and they were all delivered in basically perfect condition. The only issue Ive ever had was a part left out of a order that I needed to get into production. they said it was a error and overnighted me the part at their expense and gave me several goodies for my trouble. Ive never had better service on tools than direct from Taig. They even gave me a tour and showed me there whole production facility when I happened to be in the area. So I would guess that was shipping or you dealers issue not the Taig factory they take a great deal of pride and care in their products and run them to very similar standards as when the shop was producing aeronautic parts.

                            --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, Andreas Grau <agrau31000@...> wrote:

                            > On 12/11/2012 19:52, Don wrote:
                            > >
                            > > The Taig mill is a tripod footed mill. It will always sit firm with no
                            > > rock on any table. It doesn't have to be level. You could mount the
                            > > mill on the wall and it would still work just fine.
                            > >

                            > That's not entirely true. The mill is sitting on three surfaces. If all
                            > surfaces would be _planar_ to each other, then you would be right. But
                            > that is not the case. With 1 of 3 feet at a different height, you can't
                            > bolt it down without torsion.
                            >
                            > But the thing is elsewhere, I believe. The Taig mill is not the most
                            > expensive mill one could buy. But it's still a major investment for many
                            > of us. To me, simple production errors like these clearly show a lack of
                            > disinvolvement from Taig. An honest craftsman takes pride in what he
                            > delivers. Taig just delivers.
                            >
                            > I have another problem with my mill: The steel ways are not parallel,
                            > and I can't have my saddle move smoothly over whole of the Y axis. I
                            > have informed my vendor early about this. He wanted to check with Taig.
                            > I have never heard back. And I am 100% certain that it's NOT my vendor
                            > who is the black hole. I believe: Taig does not care.
                            >
                            > Andreas

                          • ED MAISEY
                            Message 13 of 24 , Nov 13, 2012
                              Andreas,

                                  don't let this bad experience with your milling machine influence you in choosing another product, stay with Taig, contact them and they will put you right I'm pretty sure of that, it seems you have been unlucky, and Taig should be informed about the problem, I got my machine from a dealer three months ago here in Canada, it came from the Taig factory, I don't think its the dealers fault, it is a beautiful little machine, and it was perfect in every way, I am really delighted with it, somehow your machine passed through quality control without being detected,

                              Give Taig the chance to put things right,

                              PS, I checked my machine thoroughly for dimensional errors and found none, and it was thorough,

                              ........Edmund.........

                              ________________________________

                              Message 14 of 24 , Nov 13, 2012
                                I wasn't saying your wrong at all or trying to argue anything other than my experience with the Taig company. My point is that anything can happen and even great companies can have problems but Taig in my experience has been quick to step up and fix issue's. I have purchased many things from Taig directly and always gotten nothing but great tools and even better service. And time means nothing here my first lathe was about three years ago but it's not historical in fact my newest lathe was delivered last Thursday and is still being set up as I am having a custom 1 inch thick aluminum base made for this lathe to make it sturdier so that it can be taken to art shows for public demonstrations. I purchased it because I wanted to try the auto-feed model since this lathe will be manual for obvious reasons. I don't know where you purchased your lathe but if it has a production problem contact whoever sold it to you and I'm sure Taig will repair or replace anything that is not built correctly. I would not have even mounted the mill you own and I sure wouldn't work on it for months if that's what you meant by your three month comment. I would have put it back in the
                                box and returned the next day. Again I was not arguing with you or even saying your wrong, you shared your experience with Taig as a negative experience and a company that doesn't care. That's not my experience at all so I shared mine that's all. I was sharing my opinion mostly because I have a lot of direct contact with Taig one of my homes is approximately 6 miles from the Taig office, and while I only live there part time like I said it's about 10 minutes from the house so Ive seen the way they work and how they pack and ship product.

                                That said I am on my second piece of aluminum plate after UPS destroyed the first one with a huge gouge and a bend in the plate, I would love to have seen how they did that since I have no idea what kind of tool it would take to actually bend a 12x18 inch I inch thick Aluminum plate.

                                --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, Andreas Grau <agrau31000@...> wrote:

                                > On 13/11/2012 09:27, Shawn Woolley wrote:
                                > >
                                > > I have two mills and three lathes all direct from Taig and they were
                                > > all delivered in basically perfect condition.
                                > >

                                > Shawn, I am really glad that you are happy! Taig's success is build on
                                > satisfied customers like you.
                                >
                                > It may be worth adding when everybody bought their machine. As had been
                                > said already: There are Taig suppliers that are no longer and are
                                > replaced. Maybe there is old staff at Taig that left, and new staff
                                > arrived. I don't know. So if your experiences are, say, 3 years old,
                                > then this does not contradict my experience which is 3 months old.
                                >
                                > I can make photos that prove that my mill is not level and that my ways
                                > are not parallel. This machine should not have left their factory.
                                > That's all I am saying. I know my mill will eventually work, but I also
                                > know that Taig will not get my recommendation if someones asks me.
                                >
                                > Andreas

                              • alandelena
                                Message 15 of 24 , Nov 13, 2012
                                  I have informed Taig about my mill, they ask for my contact information and say they will call me. I am still waiting, if I don't get a call I will give them a call. I believe Taig will address this issue. I also have a lathe from them and I am very much satisfied with its performance. This is an oppurtunity for them to have this corrected and improve their outgoing quality control.

                                  Alan

                                  --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, ED MAISEY <holmes_ca_2000@...> wrote:

                                  > Andreas,
                                  >
                                  >     don't let this bad experience with your milling machine influence you in choosing another product, stay with Taig, contact them and they will put you right I'm pretty sure of that, it seems you have been unlucky, and Taig should be informed about the problem, I got my machine from a dealer three months ago here in Canada, it came from the Taig factory, I don't think its the dealers fault, it is a beautiful little machine, and it was perfect in every way, I am really delighted with it, somehow your machine passed through quality control without being detected,
                                  >
                                  > Give Taig the chance to put things right,
                                  >
                                  > PS, I checked my machine thoroughly for dimensional errors and found none, and it was thorough,
                                  >
                                  > ........Edmund.........
                                  >

                                  > ________________________________

                                • Don
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Nov 13, 2012
                                    Alan, I have had problems with some Taig parts before. Talking to Cliff, call Taig directly, and he is very responsive to fixing the wrong.
                                    Don
                                    --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "alandelena" <alandelena@...> wrote:

                                    > I have informed Taig about my mill, they ask for my contact information and say they will call me. I am still waiting, if I don't get a call I will give them a call. I believe Taig will address this issue. I also have a lathe from them and I am very much satisfied with its performance. This is an oppurtunity for them to have this corrected and improve their outgoing quality control.
                                    >
                                    > Alan
                                    >
                                    > --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, ED MAISEY <holmes_ca_2000@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Andreas,
                                    > >
                                    > >     don't let this bad experience with your milling machine influence you in choosing another product, stay with Taig, contact them and they will put you right I'm pretty sure of that, it seems you have been unlucky, and Taig should be informed about the problem, I got my machine from a dealer three months ago here in Canada, it came from the Taig factory, I don't think its the dealers fault, it is a beautiful little machine, and it was perfect in every way, I am really delighted with it, somehow your machine passed through quality control without being detected,
                                    > >
                                    > > Give Taig the chance to put things right,
                                    > >
                                    > > PS, I checked my machine thoroughly for dimensional errors and found none, and it was thorough,
                                    > >
                                    > > ........Edmund.........
                                    > >

                                    > > ________________________________

                                  • Steve Wan
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Nov 14, 2012
                                      Dear all

                                      I read all your comments pointing at the imperfection of Taig
                                      products...none mention of how to overcome the errors without Taig's help.
                                      As being a home machinist for years, it's far better to think of a solution
                                      and rectify the machine as this would increase not only your skill level
                                      and a greater understand of your machine. Undoubtedly, your machine will
                                      last a lifetime.

                                      I faced problems with Sherline too...after trial and error I managed to
                                      overcome it and love my machine more :)
                                      FYI, I just lapped my Sherline lathe bed after 15 years of use, to my
                                      surprise my hard work paid off.
                                      It works like a brand new lathe!

                                      Steve Wan

                                    • Andreas Grau
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Nov 14, 2012
                                        On 14/11/2012 11:37, Steve Wan wrote:
                                        > I read all your comments pointing at the imperfection of Taig
                                        > products...none mention of how to overcome the errors without Taig's help.

                                        Steve,

                                        you are, without the slightest doubt, correct. I am, as many here on the
                                        list, proud to be competent in repairing all type of machines, and
                                        making things, and tools, and what not.

                                        And so anybody can throw any quality at us? Not sure I can follow you here.

                                        When you write 'overcome the errors', that should read 'overcome Taig's
                                        errors'. And here I actually think that an error created by Taig, in a
                                        machine that is new, well, I think that Taig should correct this.

                                        Would you accept to repair a new car just because you can?

                                        Andreas
                                      • Steve Wan
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Nov 14, 2012
                                          Hi Andreas

                                          Thanks for the input :) I'm refering to things that's within one's ability.
                                          A car needs a workshop and special tools. Frankly, when I was in the army
                                          I wanted to repair a landrover without bothering the busy veh. mechanics
                                          becos
                                          of a carburetor leak...did fine tune but lack of spare!

                                          Anyway, all voice down to the courage to do it!
                                          With the youtube and the website available these days...what more to ask?

                                          Steve

                                          On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:37 AM, Andreas Grau <agrau31000@...> wrote:

                                          > **
                                          >

                                          > On 14/11/2012 11:37, Steve Wan wrote:
                                          > > I read all your comments pointing at the imperfection of Taig
                                          > > products...none mention of how to overcome the errors without Taig's
                                          > help.
                                          > >

                                          > Steve,
                                          >
                                          > you are, without the slightest doubt, correct. I am, as many here on the
                                          > list, proud to be competent in repairing all type of machines, and
                                          > making things, and tools, and what not.
                                          >
                                          > And so anybody can throw any quality at us? Not sure I can follow you here.
                                          >
                                          > When you write 'overcome the errors', that should read 'overcome Taig's
                                          > errors'. And here I actually think that an error created by Taig, in a
                                          > machine that is new, well, I think that Taig should correct this.
                                          >
                                          > Would you accept to repair a new car just because you can?
                                          >
                                          > Andreas

                                        • Pierre Coueffin
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Nov 16, 2012
                                            Based on my prior experience with the Unrepentant Package Smashers, I'd
                                            guess that they rammed it with a forklift. I've had that happen 3 times so
                                            far...

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Nov 16, 2012
                                              I had a package of parts arrive one day that had tire tracks across the box. I guess the brown paint must weight a lot. Well it wasn't really a package of parts until the tire tracks.

                                              What I find funny is that the trucks are always clean and shinny, but the boxes that they deliver all look like the were rolled in a coal bin before being delivered.

                                              Don

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Feb 9, 2013
                                                Just received today from Taig a replacement base for my mill. Thanks to Taig and their local dealer, Chipping Away (http://www.chippingaway.com). Pics in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/taigtools/photos/album/874982826/pic/list

                                                Alan

                                                --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, Steve Wan wrote:

                                                > Dear all
                                                >
                                                > I read all your comments pointing at the imperfection of Taig
                                                > products...none mention of how to overcome the errors without Taig's help.
                                                > As being a home machinist for years, it's far better to think of a solution
                                                > and rectify the machine as this would increase not only your skill level
                                                > and a greater understand of your machine. Undoubtedly, your machine will
                                                > last a lifetime.
                                                >
                                                > I faced problems with Sherline too...after trial and error I managed to
                                                > overcome it and love my machine more :)
                                                > FYI, I just lapped my Sherline lathe bed after 15 years of use, to my
                                                > surprise my hard work paid off.
                                                > It works like a brand new lathe!
                                                >
                                                > Steve Wan
                                                >
                                                > On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM, alandelena wrote:
                                                >
                                                > > **
                                                > >

                                                > > I have informed Taig about my mill, they ask for my contact information
                                                > > and say they will call me. I am still waiting, if I don't get a call I will
                                                > > give them a call. I believe Taig will address this issue. I also have a
                                                > > lathe from them and I am very much satisfied with its performance. This is
                                                > > an oppurtunity for them to have this corrected and improve their outgoing
                                                > > quality control.
                                                > >
                                                > > Alan
                                                > >
                                                > > --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, ED MAISEY wrote:
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Andreas,
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Â Â don't let this bad experience with your milling machine influence
                                                > > you in choosing another product, stay with Taig, contact them and they will
                                                > > put you right I'm pretty sure of that, it seems you have been unlucky, and
                                                > > Taig should be informed about the problem, I got my machine from a dealer
                                                > > three months ago here in Canada, it came from the Taig factory, I don't
                                                > > think its the dealers fault, it is a beautiful little machine, and it was
                                                > > perfect in every way, I am really delighted with it, somehow your machine
                                                > > passed through quality control without being detected,
                                                > > >
                                                > > > Give Taig the chance to put things right,
                                                > > >
                                                > > > PS, I checked my machine thoroughly for dimensional errors and found
                                                > > none, and it was thorough,
                                                > > > ........Edmund.........
                                                > > >

                                                > > > ________________________________

                                              • ED MAISEY
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Feb 9, 2013
                                                  Alan,

                                                     I guarantee you will be very happy with your Taig now, I got mine from Chipping away,  I'm glad it worked out well for you,

                                                  ........Edmund.........

                                                  ________________________________
                                                  > I read all your comments pointing at the imperfection of Taig
                                                  > products...none mention of how to overcome the errors without Taig's help.
                                                  > As being a home machinist for years, it's far better to think of a solution
                                                  > and rectify the machine as this would increase not only your skill level
                                                  > and a greater understand of your machine. Undoubtedly, your machine will
                                                  > last a lifetime.
                                                  >
                                                  > I faced problems with Sherline too...after trial and error I managed to
                                                  > overcome it and love my machine more :)
                                                  > FYI, I just lapped my Sherline lathe bed after 15 years of use, to my
                                                  > surprise my hard work paid off.
                                                  > It works like a brand new lathe!
                                                  >
                                                  > Steve Wan
                                                  >
                                                  > On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:50 AM, alandelena wrote:
                                                  >
                                                  > > **
                                                  > >

                                                  > > I have informed Taig about my mill, they ask for my contact information
                                                  > > and say they will call me. I am still waiting, if I don't get a call I will
                                                  > > give them a call. I believe Taig will address this issue. I also have a
                                                  > > lathe from them and I am very much satisfied with its performance. This is
                                                  > > an oppurtunity for them to have this corrected and improve their outgoing
                                                  > > quality control.
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Alan
                                                  > >
                                                  > > --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, ED MAISEY wrote:
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Andreas,
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Â Â don't let this bad experience with your milling machine influence
                                                  > > you in choosing another product, stay with Taig, contact them and they will
                                                  > > put you right I'm pretty sure of that, it seems you have been unlucky, and
                                                  > > Taig should be informed about the problem, I got my machine from a dealer
                                                  > > three months ago here in Canada, it came from the Taig factory, I don't
                                                  > > think its the dealers fault, it is a beautiful little machine, and it was
                                                  > > perfect in every way, I am really delighted with it, somehow your machine
                                                  > > passed through quality control without being detected,
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > Give Taig the chance to put things right,
                                                  > > >
                                                  > > > PS, I checked my machine thoroughly for dimensional errors and found
                                                  > > none, and it was thorough,
                                                  > > > ........Edmund.........
                                                  > > >

                                                  > > > ________________________________

                                                • alandelena
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Jul 28, 2013
                                                    UPDATE:
                                                    Its been a long time, busy on my day job for a few months. I just would
                                                    like to close this and again thanks Taig Tools for the great customer
                                                    service. I have post some pics of the new base installed on the mill.

                                                    "It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errorsand mistakes
                                                    and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error injudgment,
                                                    but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity ofcharacter."
                                                    - Dale E Turner

                                                    Thanks everybody,
                                                    Alan

                                                    --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, ED MAISEY wrote:

                                                    > Alan,
                                                    >
                                                    > Â Â IÂ guarantee you will be very happy with your Taig now,
                                                    I got mine from Chipping away,  I'm glad it worked out well for
                                                    you,Â