Re: [taigtools] Re: Carbon Fiber Rod Machining

  • frxdy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
      Perhaps you could mill out the bearing?

    • magichippie
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
        To all that responded,

        I thank you all, did not expect
        so much great advice.
        I will probably try the emery cloth or diamond file
        first since they are the most simple solutions.
        It is not an exact sizing project anyway.
        I really enjoyed the split bushing idea which could
        be used for even smaller pieces when absolute care is needed.

        Thanks again,
        Magic

        "Oil All Ways"
      • Paul J. Ste. Marie
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
          On 10/31/2012 1:52 PM, ED MAISEY wrote:
          > if the rod is parallel in the area and you are gong to use the three jaw I would definitely make up a split bush

          Or just use a collet. Collets are your little springy super-grippy
          concentric friends.

          Hmm, now I've got the "Tigger" song embedded in my head with permuted
          lyrics.