Question,

  • Edmund
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 6, 2012
      Hello Edmund here,

      Has any member had experience in purchasing a Taig Milling Machine from SuperTech & Associates, did they get good service from them, I am in the market to purchase a new machine and have studied their website and prices and like what I see, here in Canada we have only one dealership of Taig Mills, if I order from them I have two lots of shipping to pay, from factory to dealer then from dealer to my address, I'm thinking it might be cheaper for me if I order from SuperTech and get direct shipping, I know there are members here that live in Canada it would be interesting if they could give their opinion,

      Thanks in advance,......Edmund......Alberta,
    • Alex Wetmore
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 6, 2012
        I bought a used SuperTech mill that was nearly a decade old and still got helpful service from the owner of SuperTech on CNCZone (when trying to get his controller working under EMC2). I've never directly done business with SuperTech, but the service that I got was good.

        I also liked that his controller was self documenting, the full pinout of every port was nicely etched onto the system board. I'm not using that controller anymore (the Gecko G540 has some nicer modern features), but it made it easy to work with and was nicer than many other systems that I've seen.

        alex
        ________________________________
        Has any member had experience in purchasing a Taig Milling Machine from SuperTech & Associates, did they get good service from them, I am in the market to purchase a new machine and have studied their website and prices and like what I see, here in Canada we have only one dealership of Taig Mills, if I order from them I have two lots of shipping to pay, from factory to dealer then from dealer to my address, I'm thinking it might be cheaper for me if I order from SuperTech and get direct shipping, I know there are members here that live in Canada it would be interesting if they could give their opinion,

        Thanks in advance,......Edmund......Alberta,

      • ED MAISEY
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 6, 2012
          Thanks Alex,

             that's the kind of message I like, I'm just after the cnc ready, I've got Camtronics and MCG 230 steppers with Mach3 from my other mill,

          Appreciate your input, thanks again,

          Has any member had experience in purchasing a Taig Milling Machine from SuperTech & Associates, did they get good service from them, I am in the market to purchase a new machine and have studied their website and prices and like what I see, here in Canada we have only one dealership of Taig Mills, if I order from them I have two lots of shipping to pay, from factory to dealer then from dealer to my address, I'm thinking it might be cheaper for me if I order from SuperTech and get direct shipping, I know there are members here that live in Canada it would be interesting if they could give their opinion,

          Thanks in advance,......Edmund......Alberta,

          Yahoo! Groups Links