Re: [taigtools] Set screw assortments

  • george
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 31, 2012

      Micro economics:
      If Fastenal's cost is 5 cents for Chinese made bolt and make $1.95 gross. That's roughly about 2000% mark up. Now, that's capitolist magic.
      You payed about $3.85 on fuel, wear and tear on vehicle. Your cost was actually around $5.0

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 2, 2012
        On 7/31/2012 10:45 PM, george wrote:
        > You payed about $3.85 on fuel, wear and tear on vehicle. Your cost was actually around $5.0

        That's just it. What set me off was that the set screw kit didn't have
        any 8-32 set screws long enough for the gib adjustments. Hence, trip to
        local HW store is $2-3 in gas (my 12 year old VW is fully amortized ;)
        ), plus $0.50 per set screw premium winds up costing an extra $6. Even
        a $40 kit that prevents that pays off after seven projects.