Re: [taigtools] Re: Taig Mill Z Axis Play

  • alighazizadeh
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2012
      HI Steve,

      I have a Sherline 5400 as well and yesterday I managed to adjust the Sherline to within 0.002" over 6" swing which is ok for this class of mill. The Taig is much more difficult to adjust in the Y plane. I have got it to within 0.0005" over 6" swing in the X axis by tilting the column but the Y axis is really out and I believe that the mill column may not actually have been machined to true vertical relative to the X-Y assembly . I have got a couple of ideas to try and will post if I manage to get it right.

      Many Thanks,

      A.G