Re: [taigtools] Re: Recieved My Machine: Was - Question From Newbie

  • Rob Ramsey
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 1, 2011
      ok but from what i saw it was more expensive at the unit  $20 update voucher from Dicky smith should see you through I reckon and you wont have to retrain yourself on what to do to connect to the lindomere's  system

      cya rob

      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 5, 2011
        On 07/31/2011 09:16 AM, steve wrote:

        > Gd'day Gang,

        <snip!>

        > I'm also studying the drive system and it's quite possible I'll be
        visiting the treadmill salvage. From what I've learned so far the
        treadmill motor/controller looks >most attractive. Looks, to me, like a
        Sherline drive unit would be a good method, but would be a bit more
        difficult to come by without coughing-up for a new >unit. I know very
        little about electronics and I'll probably be popping up here with
        questions on this issue.

        <snip!>

        > Thanks for the help so far.
        >
        > Steve

        I took the long way around on this, first buying a Lee Engineering motor
        off eBay. The motor was fine, and the nice large dial is what got me, I
        tend to like old looking stuff.

        The shaft wasn't up to my mangling, however.

        So I grabbed a treadmill off Craigslist, and I'm happier. You can
        usually find a runner, sometimes free, sometimes under $50. Mine was
        $30. The motor is DC and the controller is very sweet. If I decide I
        really need to, I'll wire in a reversing switch.

        Even if you're not a wire-head, transplanting a treadmill motor and
        control isn't too hard, it's really just find the wires and make sure
        when you hook it all back up they are in the same places.

        Welcome to the group, and good luck with powering up.
        --

        Jeff Wood
        In Livable Lovable Low Overhead North Central Florida

        A great artist can look at an old woman, portray her exactly as she is
        ... and force the viewer to see the pretty girl she used to be ... more
        than that, he can make anyone with the sensitivity of an armadillo see
        that this lovely young girl is still alive
        — Robert A. Heinlein