Re: Need advice buying the right motor for a new Taig lathe

  • markjn@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2011
      I do plan to get the lathe from CarterTools.com. His site has so much information to support buyers and all Taig owners that I think he desrves the sale. It looks like Discountcampus may no longer be functioning or carrying Taig anyway since I can't get anything to add to the cart to check shipping. The information and support from CarterTools is worth the extra cost (if any with shipping) to get it from Nick.

      --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "chuck" <chuckels@...> wrote:

      > I use http://www.cartertools.com/ very nice to deal with and I believe Nick will match other dealers prices.
      > check it out.

    • Ron Thompson
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2011
        On 7/14/2011 4:28 PM, markjn@... wrote:

        > I do plan to get the lathe from CarterTools.com. His site has so much
        > information to support buyers and all Taig owners that I think he
        > desrves the sale. It looks like Discountcampus may no longer be
        > functioning or carrying Taig anyway since I can't get anything to add
        > to the cart to check shipping. The information and support from
        > CarterTools is worth the extra cost (if any with shipping) to get it
        > from Nick.

        It's better than that. Nick will answer any questions in a timely manner
        and usually gives a 10% discount.

        Make sure of what you are buying as a lot of lathe stuff is ala carte. I
        bought the lathe and very quickly added a second order for the things I
        forgot to order.

        --

        Ron Thompson

        There are two kinds of posts on newsgroups.
        1. This is what I have done...
        2. This is what I think...
        Be aware of the difference!

        http://www.ourcadguy.com/

        Visit the castinghobby FAQ:

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2011
          Chuck is right.
          Buying Taig stuff from anyone other than Nick doesn't make much sense.

          Of course, there are those with odd geographic constraints -- pity...