Re: [taigtools] Micro 100 carbide?

  • George Plezia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 15, 2011
      Micro 100 is like a lot of so  called "carbide" companies in that they are just fabricators. They buy blanks (rod) & make drills, reamers, boring bars, etc. They do not press carbide only the big guys do. If you want samples call the Micro 100 rep or call the company direct & just don't get greedy like looking for a 3/4" dia. boring bar or drill.Usually what they say is pretty close to what it can do as long as you follow their running parameters. A tough grade of carbide is good for manual machines & interrupted cuts.Good luck.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 16, 2011
        On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:41:06 -0600, you wrote:

        >Looking through a KBC tools catalog today, I ran across something called "Micro 100 super carbide" They claim it can cut hardened steel and "handles interrupted cuts better than any other carbide" Does anyone here use this stuff and can tell me whether those claims are actually possible?

        Yes the claims are true, but at their recommended feeds and speeds which
        you'll never attain with a Taig.

        Steve Blackmore