RE: [taigtools] Taig lathe and grit?

  • Andrew Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2010
      Lewis, I think the peat-smoke from the kitchen hearth and yak-fur in the
      leadscrew will be more of an issue for the poor Taig than anything else . J

      Andrew Smith

      (lurker in San Francisco, CA)

      Image removed by sender.

      _____

      Hobbies
      <http://global.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15ohel13p/M=493064.14012770.13963757.132984
      30/D=groups/S=1707209045:MKP1/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1291318598/L=b7b7d884-fe3a-11df-a4
      f9-3b695f416e92/B=8RZqAEwNPOM-/J=1291311398833776/K=R2hZsEhSGbtthjqc2xI.dQ/A
      =6015306/R=0/SIG=11vlkvigg/*http:/advision.webevents.yahoo.com/hobbiesandact
      ivitieszone/> & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions!
      Explore new interests.

      Image removed by sender.

      TM2MDUEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA3MjA5MDQ1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMjkxMzExMzk4>
      Image removed by sender. Yahoo! Groups

      Switch to:
      <mailto:taigtools-traditional@yahoogroups.com?subject=Change%20Delivery%20Fo
      rmat:%20Traditional> Text-Only,
      <mailto:taigtools-digest@yahoogroups.com?subject=Email%20Delivery:%20Digest>
      Daily Digest .

      .

      Image removed by sender.

    • Leon Heller
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2010
        I doubt if it will be a problem. You could put down an old piece of carpet.

        Leon
        --
        Leon Heller
        G1HSM
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2010
          Lewis,

          My shop started with a dirt floor, not even close to being flat nor level.
          Small patio tiles for a pad footing 24" apart, a bunch of 2X4s for framing,
          .006 plastic sheet, and plywood for a surface. Works well, a bit of work,
          but I don't even know there is dirt under the floor.

          jeffD