Re: [taigtools] odd problem. Any ideas?

  • frxdy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
      In a message dated 10/31/2010 9:26:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      chuckels@... writes:

      sounds like you have soft limits set??

      YES!

      That was it exactly. I must have clicked "soft limits" by mistake.
      One click and my problem was cured. Thank you!

      Now that I know how to (accidentally) turn them on.... I should go read
      up on soft limits....what they are, how they work, why I'd want to use
      them. :)

    • Don Rogers
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
        Glad you got that one solved, now a question. It sounded like you were
        milling the surface of your table, or was it a tool plate on the table? If
        you were milling the table, why?

      • frxdy@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
          In a message dated 11/1/2010 7:18:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          Don@... writes:

          It sounded like you were
          milling the surface of your table,

          Ya got me! Yes, I have a sacrificial top on my table. You see, quite
          some time ago I joined a "Mach3 forum". Turns out it's a Taigtools Forum,
          but a great group of people that manage to answer any question that I
          have.....and I've even managed to add some input now & then. But.... I do not
          have a Taig! I have a home made CNC sign making router. It has a 3 foot by 4
          foot cut area....1200 oz. stepper motors...ball screws.....a 3 HP liquid
          cooled (Chinese) spindle. It'll cut wood, plastics, and occasionally
          aluminum.
          The only problem I have at this point..... I have a deep desire to own a
          Taig!