Re: [taigtools] odd problem. Any ideas?

  • chuck
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2010
      sounds like you have soft limits set??

    • frxdy@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
        In a message dated 10/31/2010 9:26:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        chuckels@... writes:

        sounds like you have soft limits set??

        YES!

        That was it exactly. I must have clicked "soft limits" by mistake.
        One click and my problem was cured. Thank you!

        Now that I know how to (accidentally) turn them on.... I should go read
        up on soft limits....what they are, how they work, why I'd want to use
        them. :)

      • Don Rogers
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
          Glad you got that one solved, now a question. It sounded like you were
          milling the surface of your table, or was it a tool plate on the table? If
          you were milling the table, why?

        • frxdy@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
            In a message dated 11/1/2010 7:18:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            Don@... writes:

            It sounded like you were
            milling the surface of your table,

            Ya got me! Yes, I have a sacrificial top on my table. You see, quite
            some time ago I joined a "Mach3 forum". Turns out it's a Taigtools Forum,
            but a great group of people that manage to answer any question that I
            have.....and I've even managed to add some input now & then. But.... I do not
            have a Taig! I have a home made CNC sign making router. It has a 3 foot by 4
            foot cut area....1200 oz. stepper motors...ball screws.....a 3 HP liquid
            cooled (Chinese) spindle. It'll cut wood, plastics, and occasionally
            aluminum.
            The only problem I have at this point..... I have a deep desire to own a
            Taig!