Re: [taigtools] aligning spindle with Z axis

  • Ken Cline
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2010
      For adjustments in the XZ-plane, partially loosen the relevant screws and tap into place with a mallet. A small rawhide mallet is my favorite.

      YZ-plane alignment has no adjustment, so you have to shim. Aluminum foil works for me. Measure carefully and you can get it right the first time!

      Note that both column and headstock mounts need to be aligned.