Re: bearings or bushes - lathe backgear design

  • Des
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2010
      Steve,

      No electronic drawings, just paper at this stage. (I so have CAD, but haven't put the time into learning it yet) - my published drawings are typically done in Paint, and then converted to .GIF, or .JPG for size.

      The entire project will be documented (something I learned thanks to the contributions by people like Tony Jeffree)

      The level of documentation will be along the lines of the stuff I've already documented at desbromilow.blogspot.com and will include photos of all major steps, discussion on material, or method choices, etc
      A synopsis of the design centres on a spindle extension where the pulley usually attaches, and everything else hanging off that.
      Construction starts this weekend, but posting won't occur until I'm at least half way through the project (mostly since I still have other projects to document, and I'm not getting as much time at home, or on the computer as I'd like due to call outs.)
      Des