Re: [taigtools] Re: The G540 ROCKS!

  • Jeff Demand
    Message 1 of 42 , Jun 1, 2010
      Athena,

      My ground star point is a machine screw bolted through the bottom of a
      steel case. All grounds, AC, power supply, and 5V terminate here. Some
      people might not agree but after a lot of thought it made the most sense.

      My other terminal strips are those black things with 2 screws for each
      position. I don't know their real name but even rat shack has been known to
      carry them. All wires which go to screw terminals have crimp on ring
      things, watch the size (width) for the terminal strips.They aren't really
      necessary, and a good crimper is expensive. I just had them and the
      crimper , and they are fun to crimp :-) A slightly more professional touch,
      required for professional assembly work in my past.

      jeffD

      Message 42 of 42 , Jun 1, 2010
        Will,

        I wasn't talking about milling metal. I just cut soft stuff. Once I was
        asked to cut tool steel, after getting the tools needed he vanished.

        Cut thinner waxes and it is up to the caster skills. I'd much rather mess
        up (polite expression) doing it in house. My fault or sucess, casting just
        takes practice. And damned hard to copy with out a lot of help from you or
        some one who knows what to do. Fancy alloys can help. I'll share knowledge
        but not with fools.

        jeffD