Re: [taigtools] Re: Machining aluminum

  • Stan Stocker
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2010
      Tony Jeffree wrote:
      > Kerosene doesn't come in convenient squirty cans though ;-)
      >
      > Regards,
      > Tony

      Hi Tony,

      I use nalgene wash bottles for kerosene/paraffin. They have held up
      well over at least 10 years. I also use a can with a small hole in the
      lid to hold kerosene, the hole is large enough to quickly pass an acid /
      flux brush through, but is small enough that should the can get knocked
      over very little if any fluid gets out provided the can is only filled
      about half full.

      The acid brush application suits me better, as the spray applicators
      tend to get the stuff all over, while the brush lets me flow a nice
      puddle of the stuff just in the area it is needed.

      Cheers,
      Stan