Re: Taig Lathe and Mill Cutting Capacities

  • noisillator
    Message 1 of 45 , Jun 8, 2009
      Many thanks for the link to those photos, Dean. That's terrific work! Given that my project is much simpler, and that it's aluminum, there shouldn't be any problems using the Taig lathe for this. I feel much better now about doing the work after seeing those fine examples.
    • Lewis hein
      Message 45 of 45 , Dec 12, 2009
        Hi

        I like the taig power feed alot it leaves a very good finish, it also looks
        like it will stand up to alot of use. the gears in the gearbox are steel,
        the drive between the headstock and powerfeed gearbox is a rubber band which
        is quite sufficient I have yet to break one after about 50 hours of use. it
        is nearly impossible to get it to slip probably because the gearbox has
        something around 37ñ1 reduction there is a nice sturdy spring which serves
        as a coupler between the gearbox and leadscrew. This does not sacrifice
        performance and allows enough flexibility to cope with small variances in
        alignment.in general it is a very well engineered product.