Makikng Vienna pallets.

  • John Shadle
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1 6:27 AM
      I've used my "Inverto" pallet grinder to make pallets for a Vienna regulator. If you're interested in how, you can see the details at:

      http://www.onlineclockbuilding.com/PALLET/pallet.html

      John Shadle
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1 6:40 AM
        Very neat solution.

        I've used my "Inverto" pallet grinder to make pallets for a Vienna regulator. If you're
        interested in how, you can see the details at:

        http://www.onlineclockbuilding.com/PALLET/pallet.html

        John Shadle

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Clif Lowry
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2 3:12 PM
          Very ingenious!

          Clif

          San Antonio

          _____

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3 11:00 AM
            I've read many of your web pages in the past, John. You have a lot of good info, and some great construction ideas, not to mention your beautiful clocks!

            Dean

            --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "John Shadle" <jshadle.geo@...> wrote:

            > I've used my "Inverto" pallet grinder to make pallets for a Vienna regulator. If you're interested in how, you can see the details at:
            >
            > http://www.onlineclockbuilding.com/PALLET/pallet.html
            >
            > John Shadle

          • n2562001
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 4 8:06 AM
              --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "John Shadle" <jshadle.geo@...> wrote:

              > I've used my "Inverto" pallet grinder to make pallets for a Vienna regulator. If you're interested in how, you can see the details at:
              >
              > http://www.onlineclockbuilding.com/PALLET/pallet.html
              >
              > John Shadle

              John
              Thanks for showing the grinding setup. Such setups are seldom shown or the location known for many who may have an interest. If your setup works you can not argue with success. However Having tried a similar setup many years ago, I was unhappy with the result and grinding finish. The extended unsupported pallet grinding surface was just to unstable for good results at least on my setup.

              Currently all of my pallet grinding is done on a small mill. A pallet similar to the one shown is mounted/clamped on a small angle plate in the mill. Only enough of the pallet is exposed above the top of the angle plate to permit grinding. This provides a very rigid stable mounting (Top edge) for grinding giving a superior finish. In addition the side/top edges of the angle plate provide a accurate surface for easy setting of correct angles on the pallet for grinding. Grinding on the inside is done with a 4" diamond dish wheel held in the reverse postion on the arbor. The 4" diameter of the wheel allows for a large variation in surface speed with variable speed giving the finish desired. The pallet angles easily allow clearance for a 4" dish wheel.

              Jerry Kieffer