Re: Leadscrew, straight from Taig...

  • Art
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 5, 2009
      Hi all

      To clarify my first post,
      Power - Stop the hand wheel – turn the lead screw.
      Manual - Stop the lead screw – turn the hand wheel.
      Either should move the carriage
      Correct? or did I miss something here?
      There is no clear indication of how quickly
      the main drive gears can be engaged/disengaged
      or reversed (if at all) so the hand wheel is key.
      Appears to be fairly large diameter and have a
      rubber grip ring for this purpose.

      Regards
      Art

      --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "Wally and Otter" <walnotr@...> wrote:

      > Nick is right. To engage the feed one simply holds the hand wheel to keep it from rotating. In effect your hand is the clutch. When released, the hand wheel "freewheels".
      >
      > Steve C.
      >
      > --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein <felice@> wrote:
      > >
      > > As far as I know the handwheel rotates with the leadscrew. When you grab
      > > the handwheel it causes the carriage to move.
      > > --
      > > felice@ is Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein. See our
      > > homepage at www.cartertools.com/nfhome.html

    • gehaddad
      Message 33 of 33 , Apr 9, 2009
        How easy do you guys think it will be to make a bracket for change gears for the new power feed? Any chance someone might market this. I'd be willing to pay for a ready-made product.

        George