Drilling and Tapping the Anodized Table Itself..?

  • ed.slatt
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
      Hello-

      Have any of you drilled and tapped additional holes in the anodized
      Taig mill table itself and if so, would you recommend it? I'm having
      trouble with a holding fixture design and a few tapped holes in the
      back surface of the table might do the trick. Also, I don't have any
      experience cutting anodized aluminum and I see in old posts that it's
      very hard. Thanks.

      Sincerely,

      Ed

      PS - It seems that the front surface of the table includes a factory
      T-slot but the back surface has only a slot. I wonder why Taig didn't
      put a T-slot in the back as well? I think that would have helped me.

      – Taigtools is a great list!
    • Forrest A
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2009
        Drills go through anodizing like a hot knife through butter... I suggest making/purchasing a tooling plate to bolt onto your table instead of drilling holes in it.

        FBA

        To: taigtools@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2009
          Great- I'll definitely look into a plate but its good to know that
          modifying the table is at least an option.

          THANKS