Re: Taig Owners Club

  • blmartech
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 2, 2008
      i looked back in the recent posts and didnt see anything nasty or any
      arguing unless i missed it somewhere, "What is needed, is the
      ability to ignore users who never have anything nice to say"

      unless that was about my goober post but that was just a joke..

      i have seen nothing but people eager to help anytime, anyone, has a
      problem.

      Anyway im all for this group and any other resource i can find, i also
      enjoy looking at many other peoples taig sites.

      anyone know a good one?

      --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "kd006" <kd006@...> wrote:

      > WOW I am amazed at the level on animosity this topic has brought up,
      > just a suggestion why don't we get back to the topic of using Taig
      > lathes and mills and stop snipeing about the merits of group "A" vs
      > group "B".
      >
      > I have seen this before, someone has good intentions and wants to set
      > up a group or forum, as has been said some people will embrace it
      > others will stay put.
      >
      > Nothing wrong with either choice or both, but to keep beating this to
      > death is going to alienate any newcomers who come to either resource
      > looking for help and information and see such arguing going on.
      >
      > I know when I first came here if I had seen such a discussion I would
      > have looked elsewhere for help.
      >
      > I also don't recall having seen any name calling or rude postings
      > here. That is up till now.
      >
      > So boys and girls can we agree to disagree and play nice?
      >

      > Kristin

    • Kenny Wu
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 5, 2008
        A week ago I saw a post of someone looking for a Taig. should be on this
        forum. Anyway. I bought myself a Tormach about a year ago and I'm running
        out of room in my shop so have decided to sell my Taig. It is complete and
        ready to work! It has upgraded Sherline DC motor with a custom built DC
        Motor controller. Air/coolant on/off. Rapid (quick) tool change. Upgraded
        steppers. DenverCNC 4 Axis controller using Gecko Drives. Touch Screen
        monitor. Computer to run it and a bunch of extra stuff. This Taig has
        served me well but I needed a bigger machine. This Taig is in perfect
        working condition and probably has around 100hrs on it. I'm a hobbyist so
        use it a few times a month (if that). This taig was purchased new in 2005
        from DenverCNC.

        If anyone is interested. it is on eBay right now. link below.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
        <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&item
        =170284639709> &ssPageName=STRK:MESCX:IT&item=170284639709

        I've also got a brand new Sherline 4" 4th Axis that I bought with the above
        Taig which I never used. It is brand new but is dusty and a little rusted.
        Never used to cut but have hooked up to the above Taig and confirmed it all
        works with Mach2/3. Link below if interested.

        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
        <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&ite
        m=170284639755> &ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=170284639755

        Ken