Re: [taigtools] Tramming

  • Michael Fagan
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2008
      Sorry that came out wrong. It's just not as easy as a screw
      adjustment. It also needs to be checked carefully each time it is
      disassembled.
      Michael

      On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 6:29 PM, Steve Blackmore <steve@...> wrote:
      > On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:18:08 -0700, you wrote:
      >
      >>No, you have to shim it. It sucks.
      >
      > What sucks about shimming? I've seen $50000 CNC machines that have to be
      > shimmed to get them true. Not tightening bolts evenly, or the slightest
      > bit of crud on the mating surfaces can have a big effect.
      >
      > Steve Blackmore
      > --

    • John Saunders
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2, 2008
        Where is the file " Taig-Column.pdf"? I'm looking in
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/taigtools/files/ but do not see it. Is
        there a way to search the folder contents?

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 2, 2008
          It's in a different yahoo group called "Taigfiles".

          Dave

          --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "John Saunders" <johnsaunders@...>
          wrote:

          > Where is the file " Taig-Column.pdf"? I'm looking in
          > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/taigtools/files/ but do not see it. Is
          > there a way to search the folder contents?

        • kd006
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2008
            wrote:

            > Where is the file " Taig-Column.pdf"? I'm looking in
            > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/taigtools/files/ but do not see it. Is
            > there a way to search the folder contents?

            http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AGO9SFvDE6-
            qPWZz801G5Wmoa8bXcpTZmCLVAb_oSOBx-kDP2buJQ1A7YztsNxhyOByMwdrc_h_NJ45-
            VPWp2AiQeDjWxKr6lGv4cQ/Taig-Column.pdf

            I would copy it over here but they may not want that.

          • Don Rogers
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 2, 2008
              I think the TaigFiles is a splinter group off this one. We were running out
              of file space so a second group answered that. There is no discussion, only
              file storage.