Re: [taigtools] Re: taig homebrew automatic oiler

  • arthurok
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 1, 2008
      thats a problem with oil injected 2 cycle gasoline engines.
      the oil injection stuff can fail and ruin the engine.
      alot of motorcycles get damaged from lack of oil or dirtied up from too much of it
      2 cycle is ok if you pre mix oil and gas
      and alot of outboard motor engines were quite large
      and used premix.
      i have never seen an oil injected motorcycle that had proper oil injection

      Message 2 of 28 , Aug 1, 2008
        Cagiva uses it for many many years without a problem (alaverde 350) and the design dates back many years from when the two stroke harley davidsons were made by cagiva.

        Mark

        I really like the automatic oiler. At work we had a problem where
        people were burning up $5000 vacuum pumps for the want of $20 worth of
        oil, so we installed a commercial automatic oiler that would inject
        the oil into the lines on a timer. Worked fine. It seems we
        overestimated some people's ability to squirt some oil into the darn
        thing once every couple hours.

        On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 4:35 AM, blmartech <blmartech@...> wrote:
        > as far as the automatic oiler, i could
        > just manually lubrivate the machine myself, but being the tinkerer i
        > am i can never leave well enough alone, and i think the people on this
        > board are some of the most innovative group of people you can find
        > anywhere

      • blmartech
        Message 3 of 28 , Aug 1, 2008
          you guys realize we are talking about a cnc machine oiler not
          injectors on a two stroke engine, i dont think my setup would do well
          on a cycle engine...

          --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "pe3hmp" <pe3hmp@...> wrote:

          > Cagiva uses it for many many years without a problem (alaverde 350)
          and the design dates back many years from when the two stroke harley
          davidsons were made by cagiva.

          > Mark

        • pe3hmp
          Message 4 of 28 , Aug 1, 2008
            you would be supprised how well your setup would work on a 2 stroke engine, the best solution is often the easyest/simpel solution :-))

            Mark

            you guys realize we are talking about a cnc machine oiler not
            injectors on a two stroke engine, i dont think my setup would do well
            on a cycle engine...

            --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "pe3hmp" <pe3hmp@...> wrote:

            > Cagiva uses it for many many years without a problem (alaverde 350)
            and the design dates back many years from when the two stroke harley
            davidsons were made by cagiva.

            > Mark

          • michael maxim
            Message 5 of 28 , Aug 6, 2008
              I have just posted pictures of my oiler that I think everyone is
              looking for to add to the taig. It is under "taig oiler" in the picture
              section I will be posting more pictures of the rest of the system
              tomrrow.
              Hope this helps everyone mike.
            • michael maxim