Re: [taigtools] indexing propeller hub

  • batwings@i-plus.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      At 09:40 PM 2/28/01 -0600, you wrote:
      >I did some indexing with the 3-jaw and 4-jaw mounted to the headstock at
      >one point. I did it
      >by using a bubble level straddling two of the jaws of the chuck.

      Nice thinking but the easy way to index with chuck is to set a stop between
      a jaw and bed. It's solid, stable, accurate and quick. The stop needs to be
      square on ends and the jaw should rest on it at outside corner, IOW, jaw
      needs to tilt downward to the stop.

      Regards,

      Hoyt

      Belfab CNC - http://www.freeyellow.com/members/belfab/belfab.html