RE: Adding a Leadscrew

  • Gordon Reithmeier
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6 6:38 AM
      David:

      Check the photos section of the "Taigfiles" group under "Taig Hybrid
      Two" to see the method I used to add a leadscrew. The lathe is not
      modified in any way and can be removed in a few minutes. However, the
      rack and pinion cannot be used with the leadscrew installed.

      The system I used for "Taig Hybrid" is much more complex as it
      incorporates threading and requires extensive modification to the lathe.

      Gordon
    • David Robertson
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6 4:41 PM
        Thank-you Gordon..

        That is very much what I had in mind. Do you have any more detailed pix
        or info?

        Thanks again..

        David