Re: help with Desk CNC

  • Jason
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
      Hey Nick,
      Long time.......

      Yes - the first line of code is G90

      --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, Nicholas Carter and Felice
      Luftschein <felice@...> wrote:

      > Sounds like the code is incremental but mach is interpreting it as
      > absolute, or the inverse.
      > Do you have a G90 or G91 anywhere in the code?
      >
      > Jason wrote:
      > > Hello all,
      > >
      > > I am new to the group
      > > I really need help here.
      > > Here is my setup:
      > > Taig mill with a Xylotex controller and steppers
      > > Mach 3 software running the mill
      > >
      > > I am usisng for my CAM: meschcam for 3D surface work and Desk CNC
      for
      > > fourth axis and it runs fine.
      > >
      > > I am trying to do 2.5D pocketing with Desk CNC as the CAM software
      > > and contouring and having some real issues.
      > >
      > > I am using ISO-Gcode non modal. The toolpaths seem to generate
      fine
      > > ans it runs through CNC simulator fine but on the machine it cuts
      all
      > > irradically. Just sort of moving around just cutting the surface.
      It
      > > dousnt cut anything remotely close to what the part was designed
      as.

      > > Both Mach and Desk CNC are set to inches. I have convert arcs to
      > > lines off. The DXF file is clean, tangent arcs and polylined.
      Even if
      > > they werent, it should not be this far off.
      > >
      > > The part I was cutting was a tear drop shaped stone setting.
      > > Basically 3 closed contours. One being the boundry pocket that
      > > borders the outside, the next is an island that creates the wall
      and
      > > another boundry in the center that creates the stone cavity.
      > >
      > > I have the manual printed out and I have easy CNC and thier is no
      > > clear cut answers to this in eather.

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      > felice@... is Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein. See our
      > homepage at www.cartertools.com/nfhome.html

    • Jason
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
        A little bit of whining on the X axis at Jog. I need to adjust Gibs I
        guess I am cutting at 5 IPM on jewelers wax for these tests. The
        unecpected tool movements are consistent when the program is rerun
        and dont seem to be the result of missed steps.

        The issue seems to be far greater than that. Its not that the part is
        coming out even close to designed with a few oddedties.

        It is to the point where it is cutting something totally off base.

        Hypothetical example to demonstrate the sort of things it is doing:
        You design a 1" diameter pocket to a depth of .100". The machine ends
        up cutting a squared off diamond with a small oval sticking off the
        side and to a depth of .005". Plus not aligned to the intended 0,0,0
        coordinates setup in DeskCNC. I have had mixed results from this
        point: The machine stops and wont restart unless the program is
        rewound or it just keeps on cycling through code and making random
        looking cuts all over the same area. In either case when stopping the
        program and rewinding and restarting it without resetting the 0,0,0
        the program cuts something that looks different from the first
        attempt.

        Its odd. I think its haunted :)

        I have tried regenerating the file many times with setting changes. I
        have also tried reinstalling deskCNC to rule out issues with the
        software either by act of god or my own tinkering.

        http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
          Can you paste the code into a message if it's not too long? Post it in
          it's entirety if you can.
          It would probably be good to see what it looks like.

          You could also ask about this on the Mach yahoogroup, they might have a
          clue...

          --
          felice@... is Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein. See our
          homepage at www.cartertools.com/nfhome.html
        • whatsit_stick
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2007
            Luftschein <felice@...> wrote:

            > Can you paste the code into a message if it's not too long? Post it in
            > it's entirety if you can.
            > It would probably be good to see what it looks like.
            >
            > You could also ask about this on the Mach yahoogroup, they might have a
            > clue...
            >

            > Jason wrote:
            >
            > > Hypothetical example to demonstrate the sort of things it is doing:
            > > You design a 1" diameter pocket to a depth of .100". The machine ends
            > > up cutting a squared off diamond with a small oval sticking off the
            > > side and to a depth of .005". Plus not aligned to the intended 0,0,0
            > > coordinates setup in DeskCNC. I have had mixed results from this
            > > point: The machine stops and wont restart unless the program is
            > > rewound or it just keeps on cycling through code and making random
            > > looking cuts all over the same area. In either case when stopping the
            > > program and rewinding and restarting it without resetting the 0,0,0
            > > the program cuts something that looks different from the first
            > > attempt.
            >
            > --
            > felice@... is Nicholas Carter and Felice Luftschein. See our
            > homepage at www.cartertools.com/nfhome.html

            Jason
            you can also ask on the mach 3 site they have a forum there that the
            prg writters are on they could help you with it. they are fantastic
            and quick.
            ask Art or Brian