Re: [taigtools] Question about the 3/4-16 threads on head

  • mike maxim
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
      you can buy a nut at the hardware store $2, was
      thinking of welding a piece of steel to one then
      turning it true and drilling for end mill
      --- benedict-list@... wrote:

      > Yep, right hand threads.
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Mark Mansfield wrote:
      >
      > > I have a question and don't have a Taig head, yet,
      > but soon hope to have one
      > > and have a question about the 3/4-16 threads on
      > the head. Are they standard
      > > right hand threads and not left hand threads?
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance!
      > > Mark

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Wally and Otter
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
        Why bother? You can get blank arbors from Taig (Nick) for $2.60 each.
        They are already drilled, tapped 3/4 - 16 and counterbored to fit
        right on the spindle. I have used several of them to make various
        holders and fixtures.

        Steve

        --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, mike maxim <mammike@...> wrote:

        > you can buy a nut at the hardware store $2, was
        > thinking of welding a piece of steel to one then
        > turning it true and drilling for end mill
        > --- benedict-list@... wrote:
        >
        > > Yep, right hand threads.
        > >
        > > Tom
        > >
        > > On Sun, 31 Dec 2006, Mark Mansfield wrote:
        > >
        > > > I have a question and don't have a Taig head, yet,
        > > but soon hope to have one
        > > > and have a question about the 3/4-16 threads on
        > > the head. Are they standard
        > > > right hand threads and not left hand threads?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks in advance!
        > > > Mark

        > > removed]

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • mike maxim
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2007
          i bought a quick change system much much better than
          screwing and unscrewing those holders(bit pricey) but
          i live a long ways from nick so its nice to find
          options in a pinch.

          http://mail.yahoo.com