Re: index head for taig

  • stevenson_engineers
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
      I made one from an industry standard gearbox that's used on electric
      motors to convert them into geared motors.

      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevenson.engineers/lsteve/files/taig%204th%20axis.jpg

      This one is a 40:1 ratio but they are available in many different ratio's.
      Mine is stepper driven to fit the CNC taig but there is no reason why
      you can't fit dividing plates and a quadrant arm as the bigger boys do.

      John S.
    • Chet R Bigerstaff
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
        I made the one from the Taig book with some improvements, If you are
        interested goto www.thecarver.net . The pix are in the gallery. I would be
        happy to explain anything you may have. Thanks

        I made one from an industry standard gearbox that's used on electric
        motors to convert them into geared motors.

        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevenson
        engineers/lsteve/files/taig%204th%20axis.jpg

        This one is a 40:1 ratio but they are available in many different ratio's.
        Mine is stepper driven to fit the CNC taig but there is no reason why
        you can't fit dividing plates and a quadrant arm as the bigger boys do.

        John S.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/VFfwlB/TM

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        .

      • hudakjm@mcmaster.ca
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
          All I'm getting when I click on a gallery item is a "Not Found" error
          message.

          John