Re: index head for taig

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2004
      >From: Peter Homann <groups@...>
      >
      >Nick Carter sells a dividing head kit for the taig lathe. I am also in Oz and have purchased many item of him. have a look at http://www.cartertools.com/cipk.html

      http://home.comcast.net/~ronin_engineer/divider.htm

      Here's mine in use!

      Jim Eckman
    • stevenson_engineers
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2004
        I made one from an industry standard gearbox that's used on electric
        motors to convert them into geared motors.

        http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevenson.engineers/lsteve/files/taig%204th%20axis.jpg

        This one is a 40:1 ratio but they are available in many different ratio's.
        Mine is stepper driven to fit the CNC taig but there is no reason why
        you can't fit dividing plates and a quadrant arm as the bigger boys do.

        John S.
      • Chet R Bigerstaff
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 8, 2004
          I made the one from the Taig book with some improvements, If you are
          interested goto www.thecarver.net . The pix are in the gallery. I would be
          happy to explain anything you may have. Thanks

          I made one from an industry standard gearbox that's used on electric
          motors to convert them into geared motors.

          http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevenson
          engineers/lsteve/files/taig%204th%20axis.jpg

          This one is a 40:1 ratio but they are available in many different ratio's.
          Mine is stepper driven to fit the CNC taig but there is no reason why
          you can't fit dividing plates and a quadrant arm as the bigger boys do.

          John S.

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/VFfwlB/TM

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          .

        • hudakjm@mcmaster.ca
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 9, 2004
            All I'm getting when I click on a gallery item is a "Not Found" error
            message.

            John