Re: What can you make? Responding to the wife.

  • Ken Jenkins
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
      Well the first and most simple answer is, "Mainly round things."

      I think I've told this before but my wife asked me that question once:

      Wife : "Honey what are you making with your lathe?"
      Me : "Parts and accessory attachments for my mill."
      Wife : "Then what do you make with your mill?"
      Me : "Parts and accessory attachments for lathe."
      Wife : (silence accompanied by that, "You poor man you've
      lost your marbles look"

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2004
        At 16:53 01/11/2004, you wrote:

        >Well the first and most simple answer is, "Mainly round things."
        >
        >I think I've told this before but my wife asked me that question once:
        >
        >Wife : "Honey what are you making with your lathe?"
        >Me : "Parts and accessory attachments for my mill."
        >Wife : "Then what do you make with your mill?"
        >Me : "Parts and accessory attachments for lathe."
        >Wife : (silence accompanied by that, "You poor man you've
        > lost your marbles look"
        >

        > > Cool new toy, my wife asked what can you make with your new
        > > tool at least 4 times today.
        > > How do you answer that question?

        The guy that runs Warco in the UK (one of our dealers in imported Asian
        machinery) was once asked what Model Engineers made with the machines they
        bought from him. "Swarf" he replied.