OT: Jim Lewis's eMachineShop gets a writeup on CNN

  • benedict@hawaii.rr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2004
      Not exactly on-topic for Taig tools, but I get stoked every time I see
      someone from the list do something cool (like when Tony wrote the Taig
      Lathe book -- Thanks again, Tony!)

      Don't know if he's still on-list, but once upon a while Jim Lewis was an
      active member of the Taig list. Among other things he invented the FROG,
      one of the first aftermarket threading accessories available for the Taig.
      But one of his cooler ideas was the eMachineShop, which he's still doing
      today. Here's the writeup in CNN:

      http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/internet/08/26/online.manufacturing.ap/index.html

      And here's his shop's address:

      http://www.emachineshop.com