micromill collet setup

  • frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2004
      Has Taig Tools considered a redesign of their spindle collet setup
      for there cnc micromill.
      I want to use my cnc mill as a production machine with many tool
      changes and as it is now its just not possible.
      I think if would be great to have actual quick change toolholders.
      I know Nick has adapters for larger shank tools up to 1/2 inch.
      But to expand on that so u can attach a drill chuck and collets would
      be good too.
      Still they have to be screwed on to the spindle nose and you give up
      z-axis travel to accomodate the adapter.
      I think Taig or someone should take a second look at that spindle
      configuration and come up with quick change tool holder setup.
      Any ideas
      Thanks
      Frank
    • Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        Taig says they are working on a ER-16 collet spindle, but I have no idea
        when they will have it done...
        felice@... is Felice Luftschein and Nicholas Carter. Check out our
        homepage www.cartertools.com/nfhome.html