Re: [taigtools] PM DC motor for the Taig

  • batwings@i-plus.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5, 2000
      At 11:32 AM 10/4/00 -0700, you wrote:
      >This seems to be turning into a personal feud, and as such ought to be
      >taken off the list. But, having been attacked in public, I also feel
      >a need to defend myself.

      First you make an elementary mistake, waffle about a bunch of contradictory
      advice and take a long time to speak some truth, and I reply to it with
      short corrections and a sensible suggestion. Then you make more mistakes in
      your 'defense', for already so by then you've begun to think of it that way
      despite your getting personal with your advisee. And now you're getting
      personal with me: since you've defined my input as an attack, you define me
      as an attacker. BIG MISTAKE. I'm not attacking you, Bud, I'm trying to
      straighten out what you said so it 1) relates to actual reality and 2)
      provides some calrity for your advisee. Now, you make more mistakes, only
      one of which I will detail below, in ref to PDC:

      >No matter what the meter reads, the waveform feeding the motor drops to
      >zero 120 times per second.

      In fact no matter what the meter reads, pulsating DC does not drop to zero
      at all.

      I won't bother with the rest, as some of it is posing again and some of it
      is irrelvant, and I don't doubt somewhere in it if I looked is some truth
      too. But now we've all seen how you approach things in a people sense, and
      I hope you'll be able to make good on your promise not to reply again.