Centering Independent Jaws of 4 Jaw Chuck - Using Cone

  • e3pi
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 2:13 PM
      There must be a standard way to do this - say
      center marked aft end of piece
      against the tailpost needle - frustrating, adjusting
      independent jaws.

      I've this plastic cone on a rod
      and 1 3/4" diam cone shoved into chuck like fat
      tailstock needle, centers jaws.

      I don't know what this hard plastic cone thing is, came from an
      auction's box of tools. Stout, and perfect Taigable size.