Re: Assistance, please, on mill alignment

  • zzz_zinger
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
      --- In taigtools@yahoogroups.com, "Nicholas Carter and Felice
      Luftschein" <felice@c...> wrote:
      > Sounds like the column needs to be trammed in.
      > http://www.cartertools.com/millset.html

      Thank you for the link. I will pass that information along to see if
      he can correct his problem.
      Jim-M
    • Tom Benedict
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
        Having just wrecked two parts from something that sounds exactly like what
        you're describing, I can second what Nick said.

        Just in case the party in question says, "But my mill spindle is trammed
        in just fine!": Keep in mind that the Taig column and the Taig spindle
        are two separate entities, and one can be trammed in just fine while the
        other is wildly out of alignment.

        In my case my mill head was good to 0.001" over a 3" circle, but the
        column was out of line by a lot. Tramming the column and re-tramming the
        spindle fixed it.

        Tom