CYCLONE MOTOR RIPOFF ALERT

  • Silicon Knight
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2003
      Folks,

      I guess I really took one for the team. I have a Taig 2019 mill
      and decided to buy the Cyclone motor upgrade. BAD mistake.

      Not only did the package took over a month to arrive from
      placement of order - despite constant reassurances that it will
      ship "in a few days", the parts did not deliver. There were no
      wiring diagrams, the instructions were bad, and the attitude that the
      owner (Chris) has is even worse. Not only is he arrogant and
      condescending towards his customers, he left me with an impression
      that he really doesn't have an understanding of what he's talking
      about.

      I have taken the liberty of posting one of the emails I sent
      Chris, his not-so-nice reply, and my comments to that email.
      Pictures will be available soon. They can be found at:

      http://staff.washington.edu/ttstam/cyclone_motor_sucks.html

      In the mean time, do yourselves a favor and buy a sherline 10k
      RPM spindle (which is beautifully made, we have one in my lab) or a
      treadmill motor and a controller and home brew a bracket for it if
      you need more "oomph".

      -=- Terence
    • Bob Burandt
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2003
        Thank you for informing the Taig group of the bad experience with the motor vendor. I found while reading the e-mail I was alternating between thoughts the vendor was exaggerating, and thoughts the vendor was unworthy of doing business.

        It is unfortunate that you were ripped off. The very best thing you can do is to let others know what happened. The easy course is to just try to forget about the whole experience.

        Thank you for taking the very best course.

        Respectfully,

        Bob Burandt