Re: [taigtools] Re: reversing rotation on DCmotor

  • Claude Remillard
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
      Tnx for the advise.

      Are you using the same type of speed control as I mentionned.

      What are your comments on this type of speed control ? Will I have good torque at slow speed (ex: 100 rpm). I use 1:1 pulley ratio.

      Claude R.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2003
        <cremillard@w...> wrote:
        > Tnx for the advise.
        >
        > Are you using the same type of speed control as I mentionned.
        >
        > What are your comments on this type of speed control ? Will I have
        good torque at slow speed (ex: 100 rpm). I use 1:1 pulley ratio.

        > Claude R.

        Hi Claude,

        I'm not a big fan of going to a 1:1 pulley ratio. You will probably
        get enough torque for what you want at 100 RPM, but it should be
        quite a bit better if you kept your stock pulleys and just bored the
        pulley to fit the new motor.

        I am using the same style controller but I cant give you a defenate
        anweser since I never cut that slow, and when I do cut slow i always
        use the lower pulley speeds.

        Good luck and let us know how it performs.

        Mark