      From: The Boorums <smallife@...>
      To: TAIGTOOLS@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, December 13, 2013 2:04 PM
      Subject: [TAIGTOOLS] Mounting a chuck on the drilling tailstock

      Hello,

      A friend has acquired a very old duplicating lathe made of Taig parts with a spindle nose that is a male 3/8"-24 thread to fit either an included spur center or a drill chuck.  She wants to mount a Sherline 4 jaw chuck onto this headstock and I was wondering if any of you know of an adapter to mount a Taig chuck onto the Taig drilling tailstock?

      This is an adapter with a male 3/4-16 on one end and a female 3/8-24 on the other.  The 3/4" end can be any length but the 3/8" socket has to be deep enough for the tailstock spindle.  I could make this but it would be tricky for me with the large threads to form.

      Thanks,

      Pete

      Pete & Pam Boorum
      Smaller Than Life