41242Re: [taigtools] RE: Max safe rpm for 4-jaws chuck

  • pe3hmp
    Oct 10, 2013
      LOL, no they do not call me stubby, I have a sca chuck  http://www.pa3hmp.nl/foto/taig/draai6.jpg

      Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:00 PM
      Subject: RE: [taigtools] RE: Max safe rpm for 4-jaws chuck

      “my chuck has a wide flat side, no things to get caught on.”

      He says as they now call him stubby.

      I would at the very least use a stick, or something I can let go of should it be caught.   My little late is a 2 1/2” Unimat and I have nailed myself on it many times, the teeth on the 3jaw chucks are very sharp I have left several pieces of knuckle behind.

      My former employer required us to wear double lanyards around our necks with our security badges on them.    I never would because I am around rotating equipment a lot and that is just not and intelligent move.   Got into many arguments with management over it, finally got a medical exemption, it saved the hassles.    And the answer is no, I just retired after 31 years, spent 25 of that on the plant safety committee.

      pat