      Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:07 AM
      Subject: Re: [taigtools] RE: Max safe rpm for 4-jaws chuck

      Well it is a matter of personal choice at the end of the day - if you choose to risk the potential damage, that is up to you.  However, I would consider it extremely unwise in today's litigious environment to suggest such a practice in a public forum.

      Getting your hands that close to a rotating object with bits that stick out is a really bad idea. Even if it doesn't have bits that  stick out, it is still a really bad idea.

      my chuck has a wide flat side, no things to get caught on.

      Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:02 AM

      On Thu, 10 Oct 2013 07:53:48 +0200, you wrote:

      >I use a heavy 3 jaw chuck(not the taig one), never had problems with unscrewing, but I usualy slow down the chuck after switching off by holding my hand against it, but mine will be modified in the near future with variable speed control from an electric wheelchair so that would make it possible to slow it downd less abrupt.

      Silly thing to do - I guy I used to work with used to do that - He is
      minus a thumb and index finger on his left hand after the edge of the
      chuck grabbed the web between thumb and finger.

      Steve Blackmore