      Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:52 AM
      Subject: Re: [taigtools] RE: Max safe rpm for 4-jaws chuck

      If you've equipped your lathe with a locking mechanism on the spindle, or a variable speed motor controller you could keep the chuck from unscrewing.

      I normally spin my lathe down over about 2 seconds using the variable speed control to keep it from unscrewing heavy parts on the faceplate.  The same would apply to a heavy chuck.

      The spindle locking screw is still on the round-tuit list.
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic