3784Re: [taigtools] Treadmill motor from Surplus

  • alan charles
    Jul 3, 2001
      >From: Myron Gochnauer <goch@...>
      >To: taigtools@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [taigtools] Treadmill motor from Surplus
      >Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 05:57:51 -0300
      >
      >Stan,
      >
      >If you have the Surplus catalog handy, could you email me the ordering
      >information and short description of the motor? I don't have the
      >catalog or any of the ordering particulars. BTW does Surplus say
      >anything about where or how they will ship? I'm in Canada, and the only
      >decent way to ship small items is via parcel post. Some companies simply
      >won't ship that way.

      Princess Auto have locations in many Canadian towns and have treadmill
      motors at $30 or less. A speed controller will be more expensive if you
      don't have the expertise to build one yourself - I passed the motor spec on
      to KB Electronics and asked for their recommendation.
      US suppliers will ship UPS to Canada without any problem, but may charge up
      to $40 for handling the customs paperwork. Free trade,eh!