Re: [taglist] Error from system() function call?

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
      Hello,

      --- peste999999 <peste999999@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I've been installed the taglib plugin using VIM 6.3 on Win2K
      > using CTags 5.5.4. I followed the install instructions. When I
      > attempt to use the plugin (on C file) I get an error.
      >
      > Error detected while processing function <SNR>14_Tlist_Toggle_Window..
      > <SNR>14_Tlist_Explore_File..<SNR>14_Tlist_Process_File:
      > line 53:
      > Can't open file /tmp/v429082/0
      > Taglist : No tags found for XXX.c
      >
      > Please give me a tip.

      Do you have the 'shell' or the 'shellslash' Vim option set?

      - Yegappan

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • peste999999
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2004
        --- In taglist@yahoogroups.com, Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegappan@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > --- peste999999 <peste999999@y...> wrote:
        >
        > > Hello,
        > > I've been installed the taglib plugin using VIM 6.3 on Win2K
        > > using CTags 5.5.4. I followed the install instructions. When I
        > > attempt to use the plugin (on C file) I get an error.
        > >
        > > Error detected while processing function
        <SNR>14_Tlist_Toggle_Window..
        > > <SNR>14_Tlist_Explore_File..<SNR>14_Tlist_Process_File:
        > > line 53:
        > > Can't open file /tmp/v429082/0
        > > Taglist : No tags found for XXX.c
        > >
        > > Please give me a tip.
        >
        > Do you have the 'shell' or the 'shellslash' Vim option set?
        >
        > - Yegappan

        Thanks for reply.

        In my .vimrc file,

        set shell=/usr/bin/bash.exe
        " Shell arguments; -c: argument
        set shellcmdflag=-c
        " Shell redirect; copy stderr to stdout
        set shellredir=>%s\ 2>&1
        " Shell pipe; copy stderr to stdout
        set shellpipe=2>&1\|\ tee
        " Shell quote; embed command within quotes
        set shellxquote=\"

        In .gvimrc,

        set shell=/usr/bin/bash.exe\ --rcfile\ ~/.gvim_bashrc\ --noprofile
        "set shell=/usr/bin/bash.exe
        " Shell arguments; -c: argument
        set shellcmdflag=-c
        " Shell redirect; copy stderr to stdout
        set shellredir=>%s\ 2>&1
        " Shell pipe; copy stderr to stdout
        set shellpipe=2>&1\|\ tee
        " Shell quote; embed command within quotes
        set shellxquote=\"

        And by 'set' command in bash shell, I can see some relevant settings
        like
        SHELL=/bin/bash
        SHELLOPT=braceexpand:emacs:hashall:histexpand:history:interactive-
        comments:monitor
        SHLVL=1

        Is there any problem in these options?
        Thanks in advance.